great game! btw, GNU/Linux users need to change the octal permissions to executable (like using sudo chmod +x) - another thing is that windowed Godot games doesn't appear windowed in tiled-based window managers like AwesomeWM (everything i'm doing on Godot is fullscreen by default because of that)
Bullet Hell Onslaught of the Mean-Spirited Ancient Deities
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- You only take damage if something hits your red square, but a single hit kills you
- Defeat enemies to gain valor
- Whenever an enemy leaves the area, you lose valor
- A more difficult enemy will appear after you survive for a while
- There's a different outcome at the end if you don't kill any enemies, but that's pretty much impossible
Z - fire/confirm
Shift - slow mode
Arrow keys - move
Game programming, music, sound effects, sprites - Alex Huang (LydianChord)
Magic Forest font - Anna Anthropy
Atomic emission spectrum of carbon - Dr. Alan J. Jircitano
The sprites are based on ones I made for a worse bullet hell game I programmed a while ago
Listen to this game's music here: https://soundcloud.com/lydianchord/bullet-hell-ons...
Check out the source code and assets here: https://github.com/lydianchord/bullet-hell-onslaught
7/1/2019 UPDATE: You can now get this game's soundtrack on Bandcamp!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Sorry for the video quality, but here's me playing through this. I thought this game's pretty nice.
That pacifist challenge is not as impossible as you say, though. ;)